I was in the mood for experimenting today though, I guess that's why it's a little weird. I wanted Chicken Noodle Soup, but not the same ol' thing I always make, although I know there can't be that many variations of Chicken Noodle soup.
Anyway... here's what I did. I think it's pretty good!!
Chicken Noodle Soup
3 chicken breasts, frozen and whole
5-6 carrots, chopped
5-6 celery stalks, chopped
a bunch of green onion, chopped
water
3 chicken breasts, frozen and whole
5-6 carrots, chopped
5-6 celery stalks, chopped
a bunch of green onion, chopped
water
-Boil this together with a teaball containing a teaspoon's worth of black peppercorns and 2 large bay leaves.
-Once the chicken is cooked through, pull it out and chop into desired size pieces, return to the pot after. If it wasnt' as cooked as you thought, still chop it up but continue boiling before adding more.
-Add 1/2 cup (or more) of dehydrated parsley flakes (sounds like A LOT, I know, but it gives a really great flavor), and the tiniest bit of garlic. I used a drop of oil from the minced jarred stuff.
-Add 1/2 package (2-3 cups uncooked) eggs noodles, and 4-5 Knorr Chicken Bouillon cubes. Let this boil until noodles are soft.
Salt and pepper to taste. (oh, and dont' forget to pull out the teaball and discard contents!).
VOILA!
I'm wishing I had time to bake buns or something, that would be the best side dish... mmm, fresh buns! I am horrible at baking buns, they rarely turn out, but I should get an A for effort at least. Maybe my family is glad I don't have time to bake buns today.... then they won't have to fake liking them - again!
Let me know what you think if you make the soup!
No comments:
Post a Comment