Post Subject

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bored, Bored, Bored.

The waiting game is KILLING me (and very slowly, I might add). I am sooo wanting to be in the new house already and unpacking and creating a feeling of "home" again. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally thankful for a roof over my head where we are now, but with boxes in every corner and the boys asking for stuff that's packed away in the abyss of stuff in the garage, I'm ready to move and be done with the temporary house.
It's with that in mind that we decided to move sooner than later to the new place. We had originally thought we'd wait until Christmas break at school, but neither Dustin or I can wait that long.
So I've registered my boys at their new school (and cried in the car after, I totally admit that) and I've let their current school know that it will be sooner. We've got friends lined up to help us on the morning of Nov. 20, and now I'm counting down days! (18 from today until we get possession, and a few more until we move).
Dustin is completely bored out of his tree here too. It's not our house, so we're just living ... there's no little projects for him, no real yard work. He actually cleaned the bathrooms for me the other day, he was that bored. I know I should be loving it, but it's one less thing I have to do during the week!
We're watching more movies and TV than we ever have, and the boys are playing more video games than ever as well. I've read probably a dozen books, and Dustin is whizzing through autobiographies - thank goodness for the public library!

Isn't it weird how loooooong days feel when you're waiting for something??

No comments:

Post a Comment