Dustin got the boulder rocks in place (which he dug up from beside the house - the previous owners had tried to make a retaining wall with them, and it just didn't work), then I shoveled ALL the smaller stone by myself (so far) while Dustin has been busy with other projects.
Considering how heavy that stuff is, and how poorly it shovels, I better be just ripped by the time this house is done!
Anyway, we wanted something fairly maintenance free since I
All the plants were here before, I dug them up when they were just barely showing and potted them during the weeks while Dustin worked with the machine at clearing all the old bricks, shrubs, and weeds; and then placing the boulders. I'm SO happy they have survived a weird transplant like that! I'm crossing my fingers they'll florish again next summer!
So far I'm really happy with how it's looking. I need to finish the one side yet, and then Dustin will edge it so it's a defined area. We're thinking 6x6s or something alike. We'll see when we get to it.
Before
Nothing like 'quality' tools to help plant in that solid soil! It bent the first time I used it!
I should have known better, it was from Dollarama - it has a pretty floral design and a pink handle! How could I resist?!
I should have known better, it was from Dollarama - it has a pretty floral design and a pink handle! How could I resist?!

No comments:
Post a Comment