Ever feel like sometimes you're getting more than your share of the 'downs' in life? That's how I've felt the last few months. Between kids getting sick, dealing with some stress issues myself, and now my neck/shoulders being COMPLETEY screwed up, it just seems like too much.
Add the Christmas season's business and wow - I am overwhelmed.
I know the Word says that God will never give me more than I can handle, so I'm trying my best to take this as a compliment that He thinks I'll be cool with all this - or at least hang in there, but sometimes it's just plain hard. What keeps me going on days when it's just hard? The thought that when I am overwhelmed, God is not. God is never surprised. It's a pretty cool thought actually. So even when I feel like I'm being kicked when I'm already down, God knew it would happen and He knew I would be ok - after all, I'm not doing it alone right? He's always there to provide strength and support.
Anyway, this is just something that I've really been trying to remind myself lately. Maybe it'll help someone who reads this too. God is not surprised - and when you feel overwhelmed, He doesn't. Just think about it.
Thanks for the reminder... you know I feel the same way about the COLD....and why is it always easier to complain than be thankful? Truthfully, we do have WAY MORE to be thankful for than we have to complain about. That thought has hit me so powerfully each time we've gone to Cuba. They have so little , and yet want to share what they do have with you...
ReplyDelete