We spent the afternoon at Dustin's parents'. I think the biggest novelty that day (for me at least) was that my niece, Bella, was cast & brace free! It was such an amazing thing to hold her again without a big chunk of plaster or plastic around her, and with her determination, I predict she'll be running again within weeks.
The afternoon was the usual kind of thing there, cousins played, Zach begged for Wii (which he got to play a lot of - he just can't figure out why I limit it!) and the food was great!
Zach and Gavin
Brad and Bella- he just adores her!
(don't they look like they could be siblings rather than cousins?!)
Saturday
We got up Saturday and without really deciding on it, made it a very productive day. When we moved to this house in November, it was pretty cold and miserable, so we left everything that was for the yard or kept outdoors at the farm, thinking we'd get it in the spring when we'd need it all again, and the weather was nicer.
So we borrowed a trailer and did 3 loads...and I can officially say "we're moved in!"
We also had our first bonfire of they year and roasted weiners for supper. It was quite the fun evening! The animals made it a hoot; Abby looking longingly at the hotdogs we were eating (waiting patiently for that last bite we all gave her), and Zach's kitten, Garfield, climbing all over Brad to get at the Nacho cheese chips.
Garfield (aka "The Orange One") had a close call with the fire when he fell forward into it! Lucky for him, Dustin's cat-like-reflexes are much faster than his own and he was pulled out before he got seriously hurt. A few curled and singed whiskers hopefully taught him a lesson.
After supper, we came in and the boys dyed Easter Eggs for breakfast on Sunday.
Soccer while Dustin and I unloaded the trailer
Easter Sunday
I had a sweet surprise when I came downstairs Sunday morning; Dustin had pre-set the table for breakfast and got everything ready for after the boys looked for their baskets, complete with orange juice and presliced Easter bread. It was a very thoughtful start to the day!
The boys got dressed while "the Easter bunny" hid their stuff outside - only we didn't tell them it was outside until they exhausted the living room, which is usally where the Easter bunny hides stuff - tee hee! We just couldnt tell them they were outside- that would be too easy!
Plus, once they started looking outdoors, they found them within minutes!
Zach finding his basket
Brad's was behind the evergreen
We were ready to head off to my parents around 1pm later in the day. We had driven a couple of miles with the windows down to air-out the hot stuffy air, when we realized Zach's window wouldn't go back up.
So Dustin turned around and went back home to hopefully fix it quickly.
"Quickly" turned into about an hour and a half. The kids went inside and played while they waited, and I foolishly stayed outside thinking I could be some help to Dustin. Of course, I was useless, as usual. Other than shooing a few kittens away and handing him a screwdriver that was already by his foot- I just stood there.
Eventually, after taking 3 doors apart and trying to connect different window switches, checking fuses etc etc. He taped some poly over the open window and we took the truck.
I guess we'll have to get that looked at this week yet.
Anyway, the time at my parents was great - the Easter bunny left Nerf Guns for the boys there, hidden in the yard as well.
Zach lucked out, he was having trouble finding it when a gust of wind blew it out of the tree and it landed right by him!
Great Oma Peters had treats for them as well- she always spoils them when we see her:)
So, that was our Easter - how was yours? I hope it was blessed with love, friends and family, and above all, God's amazing grace.
At Oma and Opa's later





No comments:
Post a Comment