Post Subject

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Strike!

I'm debating on going on strike. Dustin thinks I'm over reacting, but I think a good strike would solidify my case.

I really dont enjoy cooking. At least, not lately. No matter what I make, someone complains that he doesn't like at least 2 ingredients in it. And if I try and please that someone, then it's the next guy who complains. I seriously cant win.

Today, despite feeling not nearly my best, I made a pot of soup. Vegetable Beef. You would think it's a pretty safe bet - my kids will eat most veggies if they're in soups, and Dustin swears if he had to live off one food forever he'd pick soup. Sounds safe, right?
Nope. Not one of my 3 actually finished the bowl in front of them. Zachary outright complained that he was starving 5 minutes after he told me he was full (to get out of finishing the soup) and Brad, who's a little wiser, did what Dustin did and just quietly put a half full bowl on the counter to be dumped.
Nice. All that work for nothing.

So what did I do?? I jarred up the rest and took it to a friend who would appreciate my efforts. I kept a few jars for me too since I thought it was really good soup. I mean seriously, who doesn't love a good beef vegetable soup?!
My household apparently.

My thinking with going on strike is after a few weeks a)I would have a glorious time off from cooking b)them fending for themselves come supper time will not go over well c)eating zoodles and mac n cheese for more than 3 days in a row would mean I could make just about anything and not have a single complaint.

I know, I know.... you're all telling me I'm dreaming. Well, a girl can dream can't she??

No comments:

Post a Comment