Post Subject

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ah, the mess!

I am so excited about this particular mess! I know, it sounds sort of silly to be excited about a disaster area like this, but it's in our ensuite! What does that mean? It means that our bathroom is the next project!! YAY!
The plan is to pretty well gut the whole bathroom and move fixtures to where we want them. We're adding a shower stall, and a corner jet tub, as well as a new vanity, and then putting the new toilet (which we've been using already pretty well since we moved in, toilets were done asap - the old ones were nasty!) to it's new spot.
So you see, this mess is different - it's not in an open, main area like all our other messes have been in, and I can just close the door to it when I want it out of sight.

Dustin has taken the job of ripping things down and pulling things apart in the evenings, and then I get the lovely task of hauling the pieces of debris down the hall, down the stairs, and into the garage, often one at a time because the pieces are so heavy (who needs a gym membership??;) ... and then vacuuming my trail when I'm done. We both have tough messy jobs, but somehow, on this project, I dont mind.
Maybe because the end result seems like a better pay off. Rather than gaining a few inches of space in a hall (which is great, don't get me wrong!) we're going to get a relaxing "haven" when this project is finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment