Post Subject

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sweeties

Did you have a good Valentine's Day? We did! We don't make that big of a fuss over it usually, but I still tried to make it a special day.

Supper was a home cooked version of Chicken Fetticine Alfredo. I decorated the dining room table with heart shaped candles, and I put a goody box and card by each of the boys places. I put a chocolate heart in each of their wine glasses too (which we later filled with ice tea). And for dessert, we enjoyed a heart shaped cake I had made and decorated earlier in the day.



My day was made when I got a call from the Library telling me I won their little contest. I had entered a guess for how many candies were in a jug, and I was the closest guess! The correct answer was 993 and I guessed 996.
I asked Dustin to pick it up for me since he was already in town. I had a good laugh when he brought it home later, he was so unimpressed! Apparently the ladies at the library made a big fuss over him, even wanting to take a picture of all of them with him! He somehow managed to get out of posing and got out of there as quickly a possible! I can just imagine how awkward he felt! LOL! I may not be able to ask him to run errands for me as easily for the next while...

The candy jug had 3 little Valentine Stuffies attached to it too - which was a surprise to me that they were part of the prize. My boys quickly claimed their favorites and then told me I could have the leftover one because I was the winner. Gee, how generous of them!

The jug is sitting in my office. It's not even candy I like, and really, who needs nearly 1000 pieces of any candy?! But just winning something totally made my day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment