The boys' school raised money for the relief efforts put on by the MCC for the earthquake in Haiti. They've been raising money all month and today was the wind-up celebration. I'm not sure how 'cool' it was for all the kids that Fred Penner and Jake Chenier were there, since I think it was more my generation that grew up watching those children's entertainers on PBS (remember 'The cat came back'?? Oh yeah, it was soooo cool!), BUT it did look like the kids were having a great time, even if they weren't fully aware of the legends in front of them.
I didn't stay the entire time, the chairs the school puts out could be more accurately described as something from a torture chamber than from an elementary school (it's for this reason Dustin didn't even come), and after an hour my poor back just couldn't take the pain anymore.
I don't know the total amount of money raise, but I know everyone put in a big effort, so it's great no matter what the number is.



Oh my goodness, that's a lot from just one little school! Great job!
ReplyDelete